Fire Explorer Post 301
Fire Exploring is open to young men and women who have completed the 8th grade and is 14 years to 20 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the field of fire or emergency services.
Fire Exploring is a hands-on program that exposes young people to fire and emergency services. It offers fire and emergency experiences, as a possible career choice.
The most popular Fire Exploring careers include:
- Fire fighter
- Emergency services coordinator
- Shelter manager
Career Exploring combines some classroom training with hands-on lessons. You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to be a firefighter, emergency services coordinator or paramedic.
You will learn
- First aid
- Fire safety
- Emergency medicine
- So much more
You will develop
- Emergency management skills
- Physical fitness
- Leadership methods
You will have an opportunity to participate in
- Local and national competitions
- Community events
- Real firefighting scenarios in a training setting
You will have an opportunity to network with
- Fire chiefs
- Fire fighters
- Paramedics & EMTs
- Other medical staff
- Municipal emergency coordinators
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Fire & EMS and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of fire or emergency services.
Fire Career Exploring offers the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
- Scholarship opportunities
Anyone interested in learning more about the Fire Exploring program can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (231) 313-7276.